dinsdag 23 september 2014

Labradorite inspired nails

So. Long time no writing, eh?
I know, I know, busy life and stuff, but mostly lack of inspiration to write something. And of course Instagram. Boy, what is that easy!

But from the moment I blew the dust off of my Canon camera and started playing around with it again I knew I had to update my blog because, well, the latest actual blog post is about 6 months old.




I played around with my Little Northies from the OPI Nordic Collection and some saran wrap. When I showed them to my mom she said they looked like a crystal called Labradorite. She showed me her Labradorite necklace and I could only agree with her!




The polishes I used are OPI My Dogsled is a Hybrid, OPI How Great is Your Dane? (both Little Norties) and OPI Love.Angel.Music.Baby. (from Rock Starlets). I used a ball of plastic wrap to create the marble with these three colors. Then I outlined my nails with OPI Love.Angel.Music.Baby.


Labradorite is an unusual mineral. It can display a beautiful iridescent play of colors, caused by internal fractures in the mineral that reflect light back and forth, dispersing it into different colors. This effect, known as labradorescence, gives Labradorite its appeal and fame.

Labradorite is considered by mystics to be a stone of transformation and magic. It is said to clear, balance and protect the aura. It is purported to help provide clarity and insight into your destiny, as well as attract success. Mystically, energies of stress and anxiety are said to be reduced by labradorite, possibly due to is energy of self-confidence. 



post signature

2 opmerkingen:

  1. these are really pretty nails! thanks for sharing! (btw. inspired means that the idea came from the thing that inspired you. in this case the smilarity was shown to you by your Mom, so the labradorite could not be the inspiration. but anyways, the design is great, just like your others on your blog, it's a petty that you stopped sharing.)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. SB passed the Illinois Senate 50 to 1 in March and the Illinois House 65 to 48 in May Cheap Cigarettes. The legislation was introduced to affect almost specifically the hiring practices at the Cancer Treatment Centers of America by Republicans Senator Dan Duffy (R-Barrington) State Rep. Mike Connelly (R-Naperville) Newport Cigarettes.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen